3rd Annual Lerner MBA Student Association Conference
In the constantly evolving business environment, successful business professionals know how to spot critical trends, respond with agility and manage them actively. Join us for a fulfilling day of dynamic speakers and engaging workshops on emerging trends in various industries and their potential global impacts!
We are excited to present this year’s keynote speaker:
Patrick T. Harker - President & Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Patrick T. Harker took office on July 1, 2015, as the 11th president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. In this role, Harker participates on the Federal Open Market Committee, which formulates the nation's monetary policy.
Before taking office at the Philadelphia Fed, Harker served as the 26th president of the University of Delaware. He was also a professor of business administration at the university's Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics and a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the College of Engineering.
Harker is a member of the Select Operating Committee of Select Greater Philadelphia. He previously was on the boards of Catholic Relief Services, Pepco Holdings, Inc., and Huntsman Corporation and was a founding member of the board of advisors for Decision Lens, Inc. Harker was also a nonbanking Class B director of the Philadelphia Fed from 2012 to 2015.
Harker has a Ph.D. in civil and urban engineering, an M.A. in economics, and an M.S.E. and B.S.E. in civil engineering, all from the University of Pennsylvania.
8:00 AM - Registration & Continential Breakfast
9:00 AM - Opening Remarks - Bruce Weber, Dean, Lerner College of Business & Economics
9:30 AM - Change Panel - Learn from industry leaders about how they adapt to the changing business landscape
- Carrie Leishman, President/CEO at Delaware Restaurant Association and Delaware Restaurant Association Education Foundation
- Alfred Atanda, Director, Center for Sports Medicine at A.I. Dupont Hospital for Children. Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon at A. I. DuPont Hospital for Children. LLC for telemedicine
- Bob Deutsch, Chairman of the J.P. Morgan Exchange Traded Funds Board, board of directors for QJUST Capital, advisor to Zoe Financial
- Kevin Bannerton, Partner with Total Bank Solutions, Corporate Strategy & Product Development
- Kurt Norder, Assistant Professor of Management, Lerner College of Business, Moderator
10:30 AM - Break
11:00 AM – Keynote Presentation: Patrick T. Harker - President & Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
12:00 PM – Networking Lunch
2:00 PM - First Afternoon Session
Women in Business Panel
- Lynn Evans, Managing Director, Women's Leadership Initiative, Lerner College of Business
- Pamela Raison, Senior Corporate Counsel with Farmers Insurance Group
- Helen Stimson, President of Delaware BioScience Association
- Jordan Fischer, Co-founder and managing partner at XPAN Law Group
- SaiSri Gajjala & Xiaoyan Qian, Moderators
Effective Leadership Strategies for Changing Industry - Kyle Emich, Assistant Professor of Management, Lerner College of Business
3:15 PM - Second Afternoon Session
Navigating the Changing Job Market - Jill Pante, Director, Lerner College Career Services Center
Making Sense of Complicated Changes - Echo Wang, Producer, Planet Money Podcast
4:15 PM - Conference Concludes
The University of Delaware has photographers and videographers at this event. By attending this event, you grant the University of Delaware permission to publish or display photographic or video images of you. Images may be used in any promotional material, publications or other applications
Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 8:00am to 4:15pm
Center for the Arts, Gore Recital Hall
110 Orchard Road, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19711, USA