Diversity & Inclusion Professional Development Conference
This event is open to all students who are interested in the multi-faceted world of diversity in the workplace.
Join us to have conversations to answer questions such as:
* How to leverage and value the power of difference in the workplace?
* What is the true definition of advocacy and ally-ship and how does one determine their most authentic approach on campus and in the workplace?
* What are effective ways to have healthy discourse and critical conversations around inequities in a free-thinking era (everyone has an opinion; everyone is an expert)?
* How does an individual use their personal values and strengths and professional and social roles to enact positive change in the world?
* How can one ensure that all inter-sectional identities are included in advocacy efforts?
* In what ways can advocates challenge over-utilized terms and stereotypes surrounding diversity, inclusion and multicultural leadership?
*Interrupting microaggressions and embracing inclusion on campus, in the workplace and beyond.
Any student who pre-registers and attends will receive a signed copy of Put In Work by our keynote speaker, Dr. Brandi. Business casual dress is encouraged. Join us for a day full of discussion, education, and inspiration!
Please note: Students who RSVP and no-show and\or cancel with less than 48 hours notice will be charged $50.00 to offset the accrued cost of your seat.
Photographs and/or video will be taken during the Diversity & Inclusion Career Conference.
By taking part in this event you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform a Career Services Center staff member.
9:15am - 10:00am: Check-in and Continental Breakfast - MPR A
10:00am - 10:45am: Session 1 - Four Concurrent Sessions:
- PwC: Blind Spots - Challenging Assumptions to Build Inclusive Leaders - Trabant Lounge - Zara Safa, PwC
- How Can I Help You? - MPR B - Emily Johnson, Haverford College
- Leadership Compass - MPR C - Derek Pediford, City Year
- Wait... What Should I Do?: Navigating Fears and Responding to Microaggressions - Room 209/211 - Addison Hughes, Residence Life and Housing, University of Delaware
11:00am - 12:00pm: Keynote Speaker - Trabant Theater - Dr. Brandi
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch & Meet & Greet with Dr. Brandi - Trabant MPR's A, B, C
1:15pm - 2:00pm: Session 2 - Two Concurrent Sessions:
- Becoming an Inclusion Champion - Room 209/211 - Julia Murphy, Vanguard
- Empowering Students, Changing Culture: The Transformative Power of Authenticity, Self-Love, and Allyship - Trabant Theater - Jared Fenton, The Reflect Organization
2:15pm - 3:00pm: Session 3 - Four Concurrent Sessions:
- Leading With Your Strengths- MPR A - Jimmy White, Travis Manion Foundation
- Exploring Our Unconscious Biases - MPR B - Melissa Bader, Residence Life & Housing, University of Delaware
- Talk To Me Nice - MPR C - Cory Dulaney, Campus Philly
- Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity - Trabant Lounge - Laura Naylor, PHENND
3:00pm - 3:15pm: Final Comments and Raffle Prizes - Trabant Theater
Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 9:15am to 3:15pm
Trabant University Center, Multipurpose Rooms
Trabant University Center, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19711, USA