Fall Break: Blue Hen Re-Coop Day, classes suspended
How will you reflect on your wellness and recommit to healthy habits? The University of Delaware's inaugural Blue Hen Re-Coop Day invites you to do just that with optional campus programming and other ideas for prioritizing your wellbeing:
For one minute
- Identify one change to your routine that you feel would benefit your health, and ask a student Promoter of Wellness for advice on how to make it happen.
- Commit a minute to your calendar each day or week that you will use for a mindfulness exercise, organization of your to-do list, or other brief behavior that will enhance your wellness.
For one hour
- Go outside. Simply being in nature benefits several aspects of your health.
- Focus your thoughts and actions on a specific dimension of your wellness: spiritual, social, emotional, financial, environmental, creative, physical, intellectual, or career.
- Commit an hour to your calendar each week or month during which you will make progress in your area of choice.
For one day
- Review your options for October 11, deciding what you will do on this day and when that will help you feel fulfilled and balanced.
- Dedicate your energy to strengthening one foundation of your optimal wellbeing: community wellbeing, making connections, emotional wellbeing, financial wellbeing, physical wellbeing, or cultivating purpose.
- Commit a day to your calendar each month or year that you will use to revisit your needs, priorities and commitments (hint: Blue Hen Re-Coop Day will be on November 3, Election Day, next year)!
Friday, October 11, 2019